Here are this week’s Growth Group questions based on the Gospel of Mark. And remember, if you were not able to be in the service on Sunday, you can listen to the sermon at the Immanuel Bible Church website.
Striving with you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
- What was the suggested way to think about Mark as we begin our study in his gospel?
- Who is the chief “protagonist” in Mark’s “docudrama”?
- The Gospel of Mark is filled with characters who “saw but didn’t see.” What is meant by this statement?
- How did Jesus’ hometown see him? (Mark 6:1-3)
- How did the rich young man see Jesus? (Mark 10:17-22)
- How did James and John see Jesus? (Mark 10:35-37)
- What are other examples of people seeing, but not seeing?
- What was the perspective on Jesus commended on Sunday? How should we see Jesus? (Mark 1:11)