Striving with you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
GROWTH GROUP QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 9, 2011
- What was the rational given in the sermon for the popularity of the new iPhone 4S and other “new and improved” gadgets? What is it about the human heart that longs for “all things new”?
- What (or who) is the great focal point of Mark’s gospel? How does Mark refer to Jesus from the outset of his Gospel? (Mark 1:1)
- What three things about the gospel do we see in Mark 1:1-8?
- What help is it to us to see the detailed fulfillment in the opening verses of Mark? (consider John the Baptist and his role in redemptive history. what does this tell us about God?)
- What does the gospel deal with that is so significant for us? (Mark 1:4-5) What other things are we tempted to make the gospel primarily about?
- How did John the Baptist think of himself in relation to Jesus? (Mark 1:7-8; cf. John 3:25-30)
- How can we individually and as a church be more about the decrease of us and the increase of Christ?