Here are this week’s Growth Group questions based on Mark 1:14-15. And remember, if you were not able to be in the service on Sunday, you can listen to the sermon at the Immanuel Bible Church website.
Striving with you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
GROWTH GROUP QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 30, 2011
- What was the suggested reason given in the sermon for people’s fascination with royalty? Why do kids (typically) love stories of kings and kingdoms?
- How have you witnessed the gospel advancing through suffering or affliction either in your own life or others?
- What is Jesus signaling with the phrase “The time is fulfilled”? (Mark 1:15)
- In what sense is the kingdom of God both present and coming?
- What is the kingdom of God?
- In Mark 1:15 Jesus holds out divine blessing and human obligation. If the blessing is the kingdom of God, what is the obligation?
- Consider the first of Luther’s 95 Theses: “When our Lord and Master Jesus Christ said ‘Repent.’ He intended that the entire life of believers should be repentance.” What did Luther mean?