Here are this week’s Growth Group questions based on Mark 1:35-39. And remember, if you were not able to be in the service on Sunday, you can listen to the sermon at the Immanuel Bible Church website.
Striving with you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
GROWTH GROUP QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 29, 2012
- Based on Acts 6:1-4, what were the ministry priorities of the early church?
- What are the distinguishing marks of a genuine revival in the church? Throughout church history, what two things according to the sermon accompanied genuine reformation and revival? Why?
- Do you have a specific time in the day you set aside for prayer? If so, how do you protect that time? If not, how might you build time for prayer into your day?
- What were the two reasons given for Jesus praying? (Hint: communion with the Father and to leave us an example of our dependence on God)
- How does it make you feel to know prayer opens the resources of heaven into your life? (Cf., Heb. 4:16)
- Why is prayer sometimes not seen as essential? Please read Col. 4:3 and 2 Thess. 3:1. What do these verses tell us about the importance of prayer for the advance of the gospel?
- What did Pastor Mike mean by saying “Jesus still prays for us”? (Cf., Rom. 8:4; Heb. 7:25; 1 John 2:1)
[image credit: stuckincustoms.com]