Here are this week’s Growth Group questions based on Matthew 21:1-11. And remember, if you were not able to be in the service on Sunday, you can listen to the sermon at the Immanuel Bible Church website.
Striving with you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
GROWTH GROUP QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF APRIL 1, 2012
- In what ways is your Jesus too “American”? (i.e., more like us and less the Lord of Glory)
- The crowds were expecting a military, political king in Jesus. What did they miss? What kind of king is Jesus as He rides into Jerusalem?
- What does it mean that Jesus’ kingdom is not of this world? What are some practical implications of this for us?
- How does it make you feel to know that Jesus was not only a messenger for God, but the substance of that message? What does it say about God that He sent Himself to deliver the message of salvation?
- What do you find most encouraging about this text? What prayer requests for yourself and our church can you draw out of this narrative?