[Thankfully I’m more amazed at God’s grace at the close of this year than I was at the beginning of 2014. But in 2015 I want to be increasingly stunned by God’s unmerited favor toward me in Christ. So at the dawn of a New Year, I’m revisiting some of the reasons why I love the grace of God. To help you do the same, here’s my list from a year ago. What reason(s) would you add?]
This time of year is full of year-end lists. Everything from the top 10 or more books of the year, to movies of the year, to memories of the year. Well, not to be left out of the list mania, here’s my list of 10 reasons why I love the grace of God.
- Reason #10: By God’s grace I believe (Acts 18:27).
- Reason #9: I’m standing in God’s grace (Rom. 5:2).
- Reason #8: I daily receive fresh doses of God’s grace (John 1:16).
- Reason #7: God’s grace is sufficient for all my needs (2 Cor. 12:9).
- Reason #6: God’s grace frees me from the tyranny of sin (Rom. 6:14).
- Reason #5: By God’s grace I have spiritual gifts (Rom. 12:6).
- Reason #4: By God’s grace I can be appropriately bold (Rom. 15:15).
- Reason #3: I have the daily privilege of growing in God’s grace (2 Pet. 3:18).
- Reason #2: God’s grace is what builds me up in the faith (Acts 20:32).
- Reason #1: God’s grace is free (Rom. 3:24).