Here are this week’s Growth Group questions based on John 20:24-29.
- What are some of the reasons people may doubt the truth of Christianity?
- What are some of the “trinkets” we’re tempted to worship each day? What is the opportunity cost of worshiping trinkets? (Cf., Isa. 44:9; Ps. 16:11)
- In what ways are we like doubting Thomas? In other words, how do we in similar ways put conditions on God for our trust?
- Why was the proof Jesus offered to Thomas “gracious”? What do we learn about Jesus from His willingness to meet Thomas’ obstinate demand? How does this relate to some of the tragic examples of arrogant American Christianity we’ve witnessed?
- Why is Thomas’ confession so significant? What does it proclaim? (consider words, “Lord,” “God,” and “my”)
- What is the “blessing of infinite worth” Jesus declares to us in this text? (Cf., 1 Pet. 1:8-9)
Striving with you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
[image credit: stuckincustoms.com]